Here's a complete walkthrough on how Math Jam works and what both Teachers and Students will see.
1. The main screen allows a teacher to start a new Math Jam via the button on the bottom.
2. Skills can be sorted either by grade or category.
3. Scroll through the skills, or sort them by standard to find what you're looking for.
4. Preview the question to make sure it's what you were thinking of, or head back to try something else. If it's what you want then click next.
5. For a detailed explanation of all the game options go take a peek at this article. Select your desired options and head into the Lobby!
6. Give the code in the top right corner to your students to input onto the text box on the home page, or copy/paste the link above it to share via chat.
7. Students navigate to play.mathjam.com to enter the code given to them.
8. They select a name and avatar and then head into the Lobby!
9. Once the teacher is satisfied with who's joined the Jam can begin.
10-Teacher. This is the game screen that the teacher can see. Students can join at any point using the code in the right hand corner. Settings can be changed on the fly and their students games will be updated accordingly.
10-Student-A. This is what the student's view in HeadsDown mode during the Jam.
10-Student-B. This is what the student's view in HeadsUp mode during the Jam.
11. In between each question the students will be shown the leaderboard. It can be configured to either show scores or just participation.
12. Game Finished! The leaderboard is shown one last time and the teacher has the option to replay the same skill or try a different one.